The Newton Needham Chamber of Commerce
DANGERS AND PITFALLS OF ELECTRONIC RECORDS, DIGITAL COMMUNICATION, AND SOCIAL MEDIA –
FOR LAWYERS AND OTHER PROFESSIONALS
What are you and your clients assuming about the current ‘state of the art’ of doing business in our increasingly digital world? Come and learn about some of the dangers and pitfalls associated of what we increasingly take for granted in our brave, new digital business and professional world.
DATE: Wednesday, April 4, 2012
LOCATION: Cafeteria, 160 Gould St., Needham, MA.
TIME: 7:30 to 9:00 AM
REGISTER: Online at www.nnchamber.com or call 617-244-5300, Ext. 2
$10 For NNCC Members/15 For Non Members
Jim Bolan, Esq. of the firm Brecher, Wyner, Simons, Bolan and Fox, LLP. Atty. Bolan is a former Bar Counsel prosecutor and his practice includes representation of attorneys before the Board of Bar Overseers in Massachusetts.
John Marshall of the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
Topics To Be Covered:
- Dangers for attorneys and professionals in the use of social media, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Special care required in the use of email and other electronic communications
- Website and Blog issues
- Electronic date privacy and retention issues
- Relationship of the above to the Massachusetts Rules for Professional Conduct and other codes of ethics.
- Concerns growing out of the increased use of online credit card transactions and ethical obligations that accompany those transactions.